Saturday, December 5, 2009

Update

No new pictures this week. My work schedule is getting more demanding as Christmas approaches, so I haven't got anything done. I did pick up some buckets and drained those fuel tanks. I was afraid I would have one dump over and have a garage floor covered in rotten gasoline. I got about 13 gallons out of the two tanks, the most by far came from the starboard tank, which was pretty close to half full as I had thought.

I have some new masks in hand so I may try to get the rest of the sole cut out tomorrow. That will depend on how boring the football games get.

I am having some questions on the windows and the correct model year of the boat. Everything I have read says the 56 windows are very distinct, but these look more like a 58. I have also heard that it is not uncommon for the windows to come from many sources, so they may not all be the same. Very confusing. I really need to get some better pictures of original boats. I feel some obligation to restore the boat as best as possible. The boat is in, however, rather desperate shape. And besides, many of the boat regulations in place today were not heard of when this boat was manufactured (like the toilet drain just above the water line....) so it can never be original again if it is to be used. I'm not really in love with the original gold gel coat, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment